Thursday, June 19, 2014

ACTIVE OR PASSIVE LISTENING.

How do I listen?
From my own point of few, I think I'm an active listener and also a passive listener, although I become passive on few occasions, when I have to be mindful of whatever I say, ''communication is irreversible'', because when I listen to people, I respond speaking a word or two that is active listening, not just facial expressions, so I expect people to reply the same way when I talk to them because, your response to an experience share with you can go a very long way in an individual's life.. I have a friend whom whenever who share ideas with her, she listens carefully, she would give her 100% attention, and by the time you finish explaining all you have in mind, she would not say a word, she might not even give you facial expressions which we could call the passive listening, she would only concentrate more on what she was doing before the conversation started, on a particular, I was pissed at this attitude and I asked her why she didn't reply to all I said, and she said ''I'm sorry'', I have already replied you in my mind, and I believe you should be able to know what I just thought of in my mind'', I was so surprised, but I concluded that she was just a 'silent active listener'... How do you listen?

No comments:

Post a Comment